What temperature should your body be?!
Morning
Morning
What are you thinking
I don't know what are you thinking
I need a wee
Okay let's go to the toilet I need one too
Are we brushing our teeth
Don't know let's take our toothbrushes
What shall we do....I have put the kettle on.
Okay I have started packing my bag
I will get changed
Shall we go
Guess so, we can always just go to the beach and do our own swim
Yes thats a good plan
Trundle trundle trundle trundle trundle 20 mins to meet everyone
We should eat
*** somehow we had prepared porridge in a flask....well sacha did!****
Trundle trundle trundle trundle 40 mins to start our swim at Bar Point
Beautiful sunrise
Yes we must be mad at least its not raining! Ha ha
Think we could be doing a 6km swim as well
True, though then I think I would definitely not start
Well maybe we would start but get the boat ride for a bit
*** due to the wind today we are due to do some shorter coastal swims***
10mins until bag drop
Right this is it lets start we can always walk back from the end of the first swim
SPLISH SPLOSH SPLASH BRRR THIS COLD SPLASH SPLAP BREATHE SPLASH
Swim1: 2KM turned out to be only 1.5KM
Maybe they learnt from yesterday to overpromise and under deliver for a happy swimmer (well maybe for the slow swimmers) on the swim length
Have to admit this was probably the nicest swim basically calm but maybe anything is in comparison to yesterday, but lovely to have the coast to to see and swim between gaps in rocks and pull into such a lovely bay. A couple of re groups and I started to feel the cold water.... so going to need my socks for the next swim!
Turns out I would need a little more than my socks! Having felt the cold on my chest and with uncontrollable shaking fully set in I was questioning whether it would be wise for me to get back in the water. The paramedics on hand took my temperature which came in at a cool 32C......hmmmmm. If I could warm myself up I could go again but will likely get very cold again.....lots of walking up and down the beach and I had only got to 34C before it was time to swim.
So instead I got to enjoy a little boat ride with two other people where we warmed ourselves up some more and then hopped in at the front for the last bit. Same same right!
Sitting on the beach in the bay of Port Hellick with the airport above us....somehow we had done it. We had pushed through to the end in some capacity or another.
Lie back and relax and get excited about our first beer, what a beautiful spot to finish. There is so much more to tell about the people and event but no enough space without boring you all.
Trundle trundle trundle.....it feels like we did a walking holiday as well....quick stop to sort our airplane transfer from Lands End to Penzance....uh oh somehow Sacha is no longer booked on the return flight. Multiple phone calls later and now I am not booked on a plane and sacha is booked on 2 for tomorrow. But also the weather looks rubbish so we might not fly tomorrow anyway eeeeekkkk.
Beer and food and a party required
Comments
Post a Comment