Why am I friends with you
Moooooorning its raining, it's windy but my new sleeping bag is amazing and yes Sacha is flying in today so swimming pals to be reunited.
Its all about the acclimatisation swim as they call it 500M post registration to show you can swim.....though really it became all about the new hoodie.
Eventually I levered myself out of bed....taste tested the porridge ahead of swim day and then headed down into town to for coffee some shopping.....trying not to spend too much....and to await my swim buddy.
Sacha arrived and then all things swimming related began to come into focus well post lunch
Following a rather lovely slightly extravagant 3 course meal with a cocktail or two at the Hotel at the bottom of the hill last night......to be fair I had tried everywhere and even squeezing one person was too many.....sacha anI went to Dibble and Grub where I had tried and failed and had to make do with Aperol spritz and seagul attack. Well that same seagul....yes it was because it has a gammy leg came back for more and took some poor mans food clean out his hand and smashed his beer.
Lunch eaten another return up the hill to thw campsite to pack and prepare to acclimatise! Defo didnt quite get the clothing call right for the wait amd thw post acclimatisation swim, especially with the desire to keep the wetsuits dry for the start it was a swim in skins as they say!
The ethos of the event is it's not race is a challenge and to be supportive and enjoy it. The acclimatisation felt like a race and one where you were going to get mowed down and were. Anyway we survived it, sacha ripped round I wiggled round and then was missing my changing robe and got slightly chilly afterwards. So we plodded up to our campsite and were soon warm again...... made ourselves some spag bol, packed our bags and set our alarms and the question of the day came again from Sacha Why am I friends with you? We shall see if she still is by the end!
Comments
Post a Comment