I'm baaaaaaack, not for long and I haven't gone far but as I enjoy writing my blogs and it helps me remember and realise all the things I actually did.....so here it is. Heading off to Stockholm to visit Kattis for a week and try some Ice yachting and who knows what else. Its been a year since I got the dog, walnut, and only the second time I have left her and this time I have a house sitter and before I had even made it to the plane the ridiculous creature had managed to set herself free and go off to Wolfys (Leslie's). She never fails to amaze me on her alternative homing instinct, hopefully it won't be end of me going away. Anyway I landed in Stockholm and went to wander through immigration to discover that it was way more like trying to get in the US than the last time I came and we were still in the EU. Even I began to question my validity in coming when they asked me who I was visiting. I couldn't remember, never mind actually say or spell Kattis...
On my first night in the Scilly's I was unexpectedly on my own and managed to get dinner at the Tregathern Hotel and sat next a lovely couple who come every year in September and May. They were heading off to Tresco the next day and that's where they usually go. I asked them about how they got here and they had come by helicopter. To get here you can come by plane, helicopter or the vomit comet- a flatbottomed ferry. The more often you come the more likely you may get stuck, hence everyone's got a story..... it feels like we already had one with Sacha's nearly not being able to come. However, little did we know our story was to come! After a party where the kayak lead was also the band entertainment and another few more steps walked as the venue was the Old Town, this did mean we discovered the hospital and school on our travels! We were tucked up in bed ready to get up pack have brekkie and go to the airport. Though the whole time in the back o...
Number of layers: not quite enough 1 pair of socks- okay but standing around not allowed Just jeans boo boo totally should have brought my granny thermals to wear under them Two themal tops body warmer and a sheep lined jumper A buff, my best hat and gloves. Temperature -5 to -7C First day on my own and big plans Check out the Mary Rose of Stockholm Head to the old town Go to the gym (on holiday whaaaaat- how I have changed) Home for dinner and movie while Kattis plays padel. The reality isn't too far off but those that know me the reality of getting up without officially planning or having a time booked doesnt overly work with me. So I managed to leverage myself out of bed and squeeze my rice sausage, without looking because it presents itself as something no one has a desire to swallow, into a bowl make a cuppa and consider my day. A nudging what's app from Kattis asking how the Vasa (mary rose equivalent) Museum was and I was up and at it rushing for the...
Comments
Post a Comment